Some of the signs of a good instructor:
- They have the right focus – they teach the subject that they are being paid to teach. They stick to the topic.
- They do not go off on tangents or on rants because of their own personal views.
- They leave their personal lives and personal choices out of the conversation in classes.
- They respect their students — all of their students, not just the ones that do work for them or that help them out.
- They treat everyone equally. That’s right – they treat everyone equally.
- They leave politics and political agendas out of the classroom unless the course is about politics or history. They know enough to leave their personal opinions out of the classroom, especially if they know that they can not control their temper around the issue of politics .
- They know what they are there – in the classroom- to teach and they stick to that topic.
- Basically, we all know the signs of a good teacher, the bottom line is that they teach! They realize they are in the room to teach — not to propagandize and not to push students to agree with them on political issues that they don’t agree on. So, hence, teachers keep your politics out of the room.
Schools and senior centers, and colleges and universities are places of learning, places of connection, places of growth, and places here many human beings from all different backgrounds become connected through conversation, ideas, thoughts, opinions and through personal growth and work towards unity in spirit and unity in the world.
Continue reading “Signs of a Good Instructor”